Victoria Hall, Fremantle, was originally constructed as a parish hall in 1896-97 to the design of prominent architect Sir Joseph Talbot Hobbs. In 1999 the hall was purchased by the City of Fremantle, and Palassis Architects were commissioned to document the first stage of conservation works, which were carried out in 2002. In 2003 Palassis Architects prepared a conservation plan to guide the future conservation and use of the place, and were consequently commissioned to prepare further package of works to improve the functionality of the place, and to provide new facilities.
The works included
- Demolition of intrusive elements;
- Conversion of a laneway space into a street fronting bar,
- New toilets, and
- Improved visitor access.
- Internal and external conservation works
- New works
City of Fremantle
- Design, documentation and administration of internal and external conservation works
- Design, documentation and administration of new works
City of Fremantle Heritage Awards – Special Commendation